Social Governance - eco friendly houses, eco friendly homes, eco friendly community
...for a detailed document explaining more about our Social Governance, click HERE
SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT GOALS FOR THE VILLAGES AT CREST MOUNTAIN
Barry K. Weinhold & Janae B. Weinhold
Social Development Goals For The VCM:
• To create and maintain a sustainable community lifestyle.
• To build sustainable relationships that help residents live together in harmony and peace.
• To protect the individual rights of residents and foster a collective spirit of sustainable community.
• To facilitate social activities that foster inclusion, enrich community life and benefit individuals living in the community.
• To promote positive relationships with the larger world.
How we propose to accomplish these goals are as follows:
• Residents contribute ideas, talents and leadership skills in a spirit of active neighborhood collaboration in committee work, community governance, and community projects such as the community gardens and the community orchards and vineyards.
• Encourage celebration of spiritual and cultural diversity through community events that provide a sense of inclusion and integration. Create and maintain an economic foundation that produces a dynamic village atmosphere and long-term sustainability of the community and the environment.
• Establish integrated living patterns, handicapped accessible architectural features, and multiple valued roles in order to insure inclusion of individuals of all ages and varied abilities in village life.
• Participate in group decision-making by giving consent or by raising timely objections that are reasoned, responsible and logical. Deal directly, openly and respectfully with one another, assuming individual responsibility to recognize and resolve conflicts as they arise, seeking mediation if the resolution is not achieved to the satisfaction of all those involved.
• Utilize non-violent communication skills to avoid all forms of physical and emotional violence in our community relationships. Maintain a safe community environment by minimizing risk through prevention-oriented construction and the maintenance of physical facilities and by using practices based on sound judgment and by developing preventative awareness.
• Promoting the lifelong learning of all village residents through the establishment of a Lifelong Learning Center.
• Promote positive relationships and understanding with the residents of Woodfin, Asheville, Buncombe County and Western North Carolina.